Kevin Yoshida is a Denver native who received his architectural design training at the University of Southern California and returned to practice architecture in Colorado in 1994.
Kevin’s design leadership has been honored by the American Institute of Architects, the Pacific Coast Builders Conference, and the National Association of Home Builders. Kevin’s designs have also been prominently displayed in Residential Architect Magazine, Professional Builder Magazine, and Sunset Magazine.
- Director, American Institute of Architects, Denver Chapter
Habitat for Humanity Design Build Steering Committee
AIA 2013 National Convention Legacy Committee
Denver Office of Small Business Opportunity, Construction Empowerment Initiative Advisory Board Liason
- Facilities and Energy Efficiency Advisory Board, City of Denver Office of Strategic Partnerships, appointment by Mayor Hancock
- American Institute of Architects
- National Council of Architectural Registration Boards
- Urban Land Institute
- US Green Building Council
- Architecture 2030
Kevin is a regular guest critic for the College of Architecture at the University of Colorado, Denver and the Art Institute of Colorado. He has served the community since 2002 as a member of the Lowry Design Review Committee, since 2003 as a member of the RidgeGate Design Review Committee in Lone Tree.
Believing that architecture has fundamental compositional rules like grammar, Kevin spent his early design career refining his understanding of historical precedent. His growth as a designer is evident in his current work that introduces his contemporary aesthetic to this classical foundation.
Kevin is responsible for design and all business operations; his creativity and scrupulous attention to detail is the driving force behind B+Y's uniqueness.
Kevin Yoshida and Arlo Braun's successful collaboration culminated in transition of ownership of B+Y to Kevin at the beginning of 2010. B+Y merged with the Abo Group in 2012. Kevin is currently Managing Principal and Director of Design for this highly respected and ambitious architecture and urban design firm.
- Graduate of the Real Estate Development Initiative (REDI), developed by the Urban Land Institute, Colorado District Council and the City of Denver Office of Economic Development to increase opportunities in the real estate development industry among women and minority groups.
- Featured in the Denver Business Journal "Making Their Mark" (July 29 - August 4, 2011).
- Colorado Sustainable Design Awards 2011, 290 Park Avenue West, Denver, CO
- Associated General Contractors of Colorado, Award for Construction Excellence 2011, Contribution to the Community, Wings Over the Rockies Air and Space Museum
- Graduate of AIA+2030 Professional Series, designed to help professionals create buildings that meet the ambitious energy efficiency goals of the Architecture 2030 Challenge.
Bachelor of Architecture, cum laude, University of Southern California
- American Institute of Architects’ Medal and Certificate of Merit
- Pasadena Arts Council Architecture & Design Award
- Quincy Jones and T. George Hayakawa Scholarships
- Scholar-in-residence at the Gamble House in Pasadena, CA
- Architectural Guild Traveling Fellowship for studies Russia
- Tau Sigma Delta, Honor Society in Architecture and Allied Arts